Wednesday 12 January 2011

Evaluation - Closing Post

Members of the group:

Sam was our group leader for this project. He was the one who set out the project outline and an idea. He also was responsible for the story boards, concept art and the inside modelling of the windmill. As the leader Sam did do a good job, he had a place for all us to met up and he did try his best to give us roles we could cope with.

I think on the downside Sam is a good leader, but he needs a bit more practice. He did get caught a bit with the pressure, but in time he could be better.

Russell was the co-leader with Sam. Helping Sam make choices and also worked on the mock animation, the outside of the Windmill, plus various other small pieces. Russell generally was good too have in the group cause he helped place the pieces Sam could fit within our group. He switch between other jobs well and helped us all out too some extent.

Aaron was responsible for the outside land, sea and lightening for the shot. Aaron done his work perfectly, gave advice to us when we did our models and when it came too his finished shot he had it all ready. In short worked hard and got on with everything.

JJ worked on the insides of the windmill with Sam, doing more furniture and objects. Sadly JJ was rather ill over the later part of the project and missed a lot of work time. So I can evaluate him well enough, fact that he did still work whilst ill and even came to a meeting in that state shows he did put a lot of effort in.

As for myself I worked on the main set piece, the Windmill. Looking back what I would of done different is work on each level of the windmill and gave myself a personal deadline for working on each level. Instead of just working all over the model. I could of shown noticeable progression in my work. How I built the Windmill was a bit off too, I should of made a mock version within a few weeks then built a new modle as a reference for the new one.

I feel that the Windmill has still been a great achievement for me. As when I first took it on I was unsure about if I could manager it or not, giving it my best I am proud of what I can achieve, but I do know it can be improved. We have suggested as a group too maybe go back and finish it during the summer so we can add it too our showreels for when we leave college.

As a group we function okay, but not well enough. After having a talk with our Tutor about the state of things, within the time we had we worked more effectively than we had been all term. If we had worked like that from start to end then I believe would of been outstanding, but due to worries from the other course assignment and our lack of communication at the start. We didn't achieve what we possibly could of.

I have enjoyed this assignment and learn a lot of things. From modelling tools, to research topics and general management skills. I do want too come back and make additional changes too the Windmill too bring it up too business standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment