Monday 22 November 2010

Windmill Sails







As one of my deadlines is too finish the sails on the windmill prop. I have collect some reference material too use when I do build the sails. I am thinking about adjusting the amount of sails I have from 5 to 4. As most windmills have with 4 or 8 sails.

In the first and second pictures there are wooden supports that come out of the mill and then back into the roof. I like what this looks like and may add it too the look of the wind mill. The small pin wheel on the back of roof is a nice element, which I may also add too.

I am still unsure what type of sails too use. Choices are either the wooden ones shown in the above examples. Or I can use metal sails or even cloth sails, as shown in pervious posts. I am thinking maybe using metal sail as it goes with our steam punk theme a bit more. Cloth sails may take a while too do it we are too make the sails out of nCloth. Will have a talk with my team and ask their opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment